Your Small Girls adventure starts here…
Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency championing a personal approach to public relations. We’ve never mass BCC’d, we don’t issue press releases and we’ve only used a wire once when forced by pirates.
Our clients range from Fortune 100s to challenger startups. We’ve handled press and digital promotions for Olay surrounding their first Super Bowl commercial, landed Outdoor Voices first magazine covers, launched and rolled out Hinge globally, and produced Sweetgreen’s infamous block party festivals. We’ve doubled in size year over year which makes this a good fit for entrepreneurial spirits and storytellers who believe PR is more than just press.
“One of the most successful boutique PR agencies” -BuzzFeed
“The team consistently produces clever campaigns that draw attention from major media outlets” -Forbes
This is an unpaid internship and therefore mandatory for students to receive school credit.
How you’ll make an impact:
- There’s no typical day at SGPR for interns and employees alike, thus responsibilities may from the simple to more complex.
- Curate relevant media lists that your team can use for future events and storytelling opportunities.
- Work alongside digital team to come up with innovative ways to create ownable moments for clients.
Your day to day:
- Assist with social strategies through research, deck building and scheduling practices.
- Brainstorm with social team on the daily upkeep of social media channels.
- Work with teams to determine influencer marketing channels.
- Manage sourcing of product to influencers within the digital team - managing dates of distribution to align with marketing/launch calendar.
- Working with team to record campaign performance (reach and performance metrics) and make recommendations as to which influencers to continue to nurture relationships.
- Shadow ON calls with agency/managed support to understand brand/agency relationships.
- On-site assistance for client events and content shoots.
- Provide administrative support to the Digital Team.
Why we’ll love you:
- PR Interest – 0-1 years of internship experience in media relations, corporate communications, or public relations
- Creative – Loves coming up with new and experimental ways for everything from pitch angles to events to storytelling through brand partnerships
- Efficient - You are able to work quickly without sacrificing work quality
- Detail Oriented - Can spot a type a mile away, diligent with formatting, double checks everything twice and never forgets or misses a deadline
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have a dog friendly office, a committee dedicated to weekly celebrations and quarterly outings, intramural leagues, a book club, a penchant for karaoke and we’ve even taken our staff on company-wide vacations overseas.
- Professional growth: We double year over year, so we want employees hungry for advancement, which is why we have a networking budget set aside to give you an opportunity to connect with new contacts, program monthly Small Girls University classes where we bring in media and experts to teach sessions in our offices, have dedicated 1 on 1s with your Manager every week and reimburse professional development when relevant to a role (from InDesign to public speaking).
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.