Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency championing a personal approach to public relations.
Our clients range from challenger startups to Fortune 500’s. We’ve handled mergers for GE, landed Outdoor Voices first magazine covers, grown Hinge since launch, and come up with campaigns that have become the answer to The NY Times crossword puzzle. We’ve doubled in size year over year which makes this a good fit for entrepreneurial spirits.
“One of the most successful boutique PR agencies” -BuzzFeed
“The team consistently produces clever campaigns that draw attention from major media outlets” -Forbes
How you’ll make an impact:
You’ll be assuming a new leadership role for the agency, due to the win of global beauty brand as Agency of Record. You’ll sit atop an integrated team marrying earned, influencer, experiential, and creative campaign production to set (and execute) long term strategy for Olay. You’ll concept campaigns that introduce Olay to new audiences and spark conversation in unexpected ways.
In the short period since we kicked off, we’ve led ‘firsts’ for the brand, ranging from debuting their first Super Bowl ad to launching the world’s first makeup-free runway show.
- Serve as senior strategic counsel for the client and its agency partners.
- Sit at forefront of high-level brand strategy, messaging, and high-stakes client communications
- Involvement from inception for major moments for the brand (from Super Bowl to CES) with a strong POV
- Lead global market partners and support IAT orchestration
- Liaise with C-Suite executives to align on business goals and comms KPIs
- Orchestration of the larger team’s effort to surprise and delight audiences through novel campaign concepts, and out-of-the-box launch strategies – all while keeping an ‘always on’ approach with beauty and women’s interest media
- Lead team brainstorms that result in ownable ideas that raise client profile above comp set
- Oversee team’s efforts for evergreen pitching, setting and evaluating ongoing team goals
- Project Manage integration of agency’s departments to produce best-in-class work
Your day to day:
- Management of the day-to-day responsibilities as well as longer-term professional development of 3-6 direct reports as well as integration of our wider activations team of 6-10 additional team members
- Maintain awareness of modern channels and voices impacting our core audiences and proactively recommend how to engineer stories for them
- Demonstrate deep understanding of what makes something more or less ‘mediable,’ impacts shareworthiness, and compels ‘pick-up’ and provide relevant insight to client and junior team members in considering campaign/tactic nuances
- Guide team to develop presentations that outline strategic initiatives and how they tie to key goals of the business
- Sound financial management, overseeing the team’s budgets and scopes to ensure profitability of programs - from creating project estimates to tracking and ensuring delivery, working alongside the brand’s Group Director and Finance team
- Project manage multiple campaigns under the Olay umbrella; everything from managing various stakeholders across different agencies, scoping out new projects, and having a pulse on budget
- Commit to continuous learning and development for yourself, your teams, and juniors around you -- this means setting stretch goals and challenging the teams around you
Why we’ll love you:
- You have 8-10+ years of directly relevant experience
- Fluency in managing billable hours across teams
- Experience in beauty communications, representing skincare or cosmetics brands
- Proven experience personally coming up with creative ideas that drive headlines
- Past management of a large team, previously responsible for the professional development and career pathing of multiple individuals at a time
- Familiarity with Fortune 500 landscape (whether opening up PO’s or navigating interagency organization for massive global projects)
- Self aware, recognizing one’s own strengths and weaknesses, with a love of giving and receiving feedback
- Sense of humor, with the ability to take the work seriously but not yourself
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have an employee-led task force that creates processes and policies for the company, living out our democratic approach to leadership and scaling our positive culture as we grow. We also have a dog friendly office, a committee dedicated to celebrations and outings, book club, intramural leagues, a penchant for karaoke and we’ve even taken our staff on company-wide vacations overseas.
- We invest in you: We give you a 3% 401k contribution whether you decide to contribute or not, and we cover 100% of the costs for at least one of our health plans. That’s all in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data plan coverage and daily commute.
- Atypical Time: Competitive PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to your preventative care.
- Professional growth: We double year over year, so we want employees hungry for advancement. That’s why we: have a networking budget set aside to give you an opportunity to connect with new contacts, program monthly SGPR University classes where we bring in outside experts to teach sessions in our offices, host an annual summit for company-wide leadership training, have dedicated 1-on-1s with your Manager every week, and reimburse professional development relevant to your role (from InDesign to public speaking).
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.