Your Small Girls adventure starts here…
Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency championing a personal approach to public relations. Our clients range from Fortune 100s to challenger startups. We’ve handled mergers for GE, landed Outdoor Voices’ first magazine covers, launched and rolled out Hinge globally, and produced Urban Decay’s coachella houses. We’ve doubled in size year over year which makes this a good fit for entrepreneurial spirits and creatives who believe PR is more than just press.
“One of the most successful boutique PR agencies” -BuzzFeed
“For GE along with Google, Verizon, AOL, and other large lifestyle and fashion brands, the in-the-know agency is Small Girls PR” -Mashable
“The team consistently produces clever campaigns that draw attention from major media outlets” -Forbes
How you’ll make an impact:
- Big fish in a “Small” pond; we’ve scaled as a fairly bottom-heavy agency with many talented executors and are ready to bring in senior leaders to captain ships
- You will manage, mentor, and architect the growth of 7+ reports and their projects
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will be the business manager of your team, including managing profitability, billable hours, staffing matrixes, planning, and budgeting. You’ll work closely with our VP, CEO and CFO to be supported in meeting these goals but you’ll also have tools in place (and help architect new ones) to make decisions and track progress
- Expertly project manage new campaigns by developing timelines, estimating costs, organizing staffing, and measuring the performance of billable employees
- You’ll act as strategic lead directing high-level media strategy, brand messaging, and high stakes comms for the Olay account (alongside the support of your director-level reports)
- Act as the main point of contact for several key stakeholders internally with the agency and externally -- including several client members, marketing/advertising agencies, and influencer + events staff
- You’ll hone our company’s expertise in several practice areas and reach out to new consumers for Olay on beauty, skin, wellness, etc.
- As a creative thought leader, you’ll see your wildest ideas turned into strategic campaigns and pull out the strongest story narratives from your reports - this position hosts weekly team brainstorms, reverse engineers virality, and maps out campaigns for the brands under his or her purview
Why we’ll love you:
- You have around 12+ years of directly relevant experience.
- You’ve overseen million dollar budgets and can account for billable hours with your eyes closed
- You have a passion for putting structure and processes in place
- You’ve overseen larger teams - and across multiple accounts, hubs, or projects
- You’ve personally come up with out-of-the-box ideas, big and small, to introduce your brand to new audiences that others had not yet thought of
- You have a vision, thinking through where the brand lives in the world and what key messages and story devices help support that house
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have a dog friendly office, a committee dedicated to weekly celebrations and routine outings, intramural leagues, a book club, a penchant for karaoke and we’ve even taken our staff on company-wide vacations overseas.
- We invest in you: We give you an annual 401k contribution whether you decide to contribute or not, and we cover 100% of the costs for at least one of our health plans in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data plan coverage and your daily commute.
- We respect your time: Generous PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays, floating holidays, sick days, and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to your preventative care.
- Professional growth: We double year over year, so we want employees hungry for advancement --which is why we have a networking budget set aside to give you an opportunity to connect with new contacts, program monthly Small Girls University classes where we bring in media and experts to teach sessions in our offices, have dedicated 1 on 1s with your Manager every week and reimburse professional development when relevant to a role (from InDesign to public speaking).
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.