Your Small Girls adventure starts here…
Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency championing a personal approach to public relations. We’ve never mass BCC’d, we don’t issue press releases and we’ve only used a wire once when forced by pirates.
Our clients range from Fortune 100s to challenger startups. We’ve handled mergers for GE, landed Outdoor Voices first magazine covers, launched and rolled out Hinge globally, and produced Sweetgreen’s infamous block party festivals. We’ve doubled in size year over year which makes this a good fit for entrepreneurial spirits and storytellers who believe PR is more than just press.
“One of the most successful boutique PR agencies” -BuzzFeed
“The team consistently produces clever campaigns that draw attention from major media outlets” -Forbes
Overview of the internship:
The SGPR Summer Fellowship is a three-month full-time work experience and training program at our NYC HQ starting on June 3. Open to recent college graduates only, this paid and highly competitive opportunity will give aspiring communications professionals the chance to learn from and work alongside the team at Small Girls PR as full contributing team members.
Every fellow will join a team to support daily client work and special projects. Each fellow will also be assigned a mentor to provide one-to-one training and real-time feedback. In addition, all fellows will attend specifically-designed training sessions on topics such as: resume development, media list building, reporter relationships, pitch crafting, influencer marketing etc. The aim of the SGPR Fellowship is to prepare recent graduates with the foundational skills necessary for most entry-level jobs in PR, communications and beyond.
How you’ll make an impact:
- There is no typical day at SGPR for interns and employees alike, and as such responsibilities may range from the simple (ex. assembling mailers) to the more complex (ex. drafting pitches and assist in producing events).
- Be your team's organizer by keeping an inventory of client product, attending weekly calls + taking notes, and ad hoc tasks as needed
- Curate relevant media lists that your team can use for future events and storytelling opportunities
- Track your team’s success by pulsing search engines, alerts, and social media to ensure all client placements and mentioned are monitored, captured and interpreted
- Attend our weekly brainstorms and come up with innovative ways to create ownable media moments for clients and obtain editor attention with evergreen angles
Why we’ll love you:
- Detail-oriented: Can spot a typo a mile away, diligent with formatting, double checks everything twice and never forgets or misses a deadline.
- Self-starter: You are exhilarated by the opportunity to own entire projects and assignments. You feel totally comfortable being autonomous.
- Creative: You love coming up with new and experimental ways for everything. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Efficient: You are able to work quickly without sacrificing work quality.
- High standards: You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation