Your Small Girls adventure starts here…
Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency championing a personal approach to public relations. We’ve never mass BCC’d, we don’t issue press releases and we’ve only used a wire once when forced by pirates.
Our clients range from Fortune 100s to challenger startups. We’ve handled mergers for GE, landed Outdoor Voices first magazine covers, launched and rolled out Hinge globally, and produced Sweetgreen’s infamous block party festivals. We’ve doubled in size year over year which makes this a good fit for entrepreneurial spirits and storytellers who believe PR is more than just press.
“One of the most successful boutique PR agencies” -BuzzFeed
“The team consistently produces clever campaigns that draw attention from major media outlets” -Forbes
Overview of the internship:
Deadline for Spring 2019 internship ends on November 5th
Open to juniors and seniors only, this highly competitive opportunity gives aspiring human resources + talent professionals the chance to learn from and work alongside the People Operations team at Small Girls as a contributing member. Each intern will join us from January through May at a minimum of 2.5 days per week, undergoing public relations training and jumpstarting their communications career.
This is an unpaid internship and therefore mandatory for students to receive school credit.
How you’ll make an impact:
- There is no typical day at SGPR for interns and employees alike, and as such responsibilities may range from screening resumes, overseeing the front desk, and managing employee files
- Work alongside the team to learn how to manage Greenhouse, our applicant tracking system (ATS) and move candidates through the process
- Understand the ins and outs of the recruitment cycle from initial phone interviews to extending offers
- Come up with ownable moments to attract talent and upkeep our brand
- Assist in the implementation of CultureAmp by inputting data for our 2019 performance reveiws
Why we’ll love you:
- Detail-oriented: Can spot a typo a mile away, diligent with formatting, double checks everything twice and never forgets or misses a deadline.
- Self-starter: You are exhilarated by the opportunity to own entire projects and assignments. You feel totally comfortable being autonomous.
- Creative: You love coming up with new and experimental ways for everything. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Efficient: You are able to work quickly without sacrificing work quality.
- High standards: You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation