Your Small Girls adventure starts here…
Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency championing a personal approach to public relations. We’ve never mass BCC’d, we don’t issue press releases and we’ve only used a wire once when forced by pirates.
Our clients range from Fortune 100s to challenger startups. We’ve handled mergers for GE, landed Outdoor Voices first magazine covers, launched and rolled out Hinge globally, and produced Sweetgreen’s infamous block party festivals. We’ve doubled in size year over year which makes this a good fit for entrepreneurial spirits and storytellers who believe PR is more than just press.
“One of the most successful boutique PR agencies” -BuzzFeed
“The team consistently produces clever campaigns that draw attention from major media outlets” -Forbes
How you’ll make an impact:
- Deliver in-depth top-tier client coverage for clients on our consumer team
- Engineer & secure multiple pieces of press coverage for clients monthly, whether through announcements or evergreen storytelling.
- Surface new storylines across top-tier relevant publications for clients.
- Develop “beat” relationships with media, converting reporters into go-to contacts for the brands under your direction
- Work with manager to spot trends in team results and proactively suggest methods of improvement with regard to how results are both achieved as well as packaged & communicated back to clients
- Contribute to the company as a whole through participating in brainstorms and working across teams to lend a hand or creative idea as required
Why we’ll love you:
- PR Expertise – 2-3+ years in media relations, corporate communications, or public relations with client leadership experience and proven warm reporter relationships.
- Savvy Relationship Manager – Can convey to clients or colleagues why a suggested idea might not be effective from a PR perspective (or, press-worthy) while thinking on one’s feet to present alternative solutions.
- Culture Bridge – Knows about trends, communities, and events before others, generating campaign suggestions that connect these emerging concepts to client initiatives.
- Organizationally Strong – Plans and delegates in a productive manner, focusing on key priorities.
- Creative – Loves coming up with new and experimental ways for everything from pitch angles to events to storytelling through brand partnerships.
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have a dog-friendly office, a committee dedicated to weekly celebrations and quarterly outings, intramural leagues, a book club, a penchant for karaoke and we’ve even taken our staff on company-wide vacations overseas.
- We invest in you: We give you a 3% 401k contribution whether you decide to contribute or not, and we cover 100% of the costs for at least one of our health plans in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data plan coverage and daily commute.
- Atypical Time: PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to preventative care
- Professional growth: We double year over year, so we want employees hungry for advancement, which is why we have a networking budget set aside to give you an opportunity to connect with new contacts, program monthly Small Girls University classes where we bring in media and experts to teach sessions in our offices, have dedicated 1 on 1s with your Manager every week and reimburse professional development when relevant to a role (from InDesign to public speaking).
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.