Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020 and have quickly expanded across the East Coast. Small Door now operates in New York City, Boston, and Washington DC with national expansion plans in 2023 and beyond.
At Small Door, our doctors are part of a supportive and collaborative network invested in their growth. With our high standard of medicine, 30-60 minute appointments, dedicated daily administrative time, generous ratio of doctors to support team, skilled veterinary nurses assisting with callbacks and much more, Small Door is proud to be a sustainable place to work and thrive. In addition to practicing Fear Free and being AAHA accredited, we’re also the only Certified B-Corp General Practice Veterinary Company in the country, meaning we abide by incredibly high standards as an organization.
*We will cover any licensure fees + relocation if needed* No non-competes!
What you’ll do
- Diagnose and treat pets with illnesses and injuries and counsel clients in well pet care
- Model medical excellence to a team of two to four doctors, ensuring medical operating procedures and guidelines are followed to meet patient care needs while delivering an unparalleled member experience
- Uphold Small Door's culture and values to the practice team and to our members
- Mentor doctors relating to their clinical skills and individual performance metrics concerning client satisfaction, teamwork, medical quality, record keeping, and production, and lead regular check-ins with doctors to understand challenges and support professional development
- Partner with the Member Experience Manager to support a positive, collaborative approach between the Member Experience and the Medical Team
- Collaborate with the Head Nurse to foster an environment of open communication, continuous learning, improvement, and excellence
- Manage controlled substances, review practice orders of drugs and supplies, and ensure that the DEA logbooks are consistently filled out per our standard operating procedures
Who you are
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent with an active state and DEA license, and 8+ years of experience in the field
- Takes a professional approach, with excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong communicator
- Committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the code of ethics
- Leader with experience managing a team and interest in mentoring veterinarians
- Thrives in team-oriented environment
- Has a ‘glass half full’ attitude and a sense of humor
What you'll get
- Competitive salary + profit share
- 15% Performance bonus potential
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- 401K (plus company match)
- We never ask doctors to sign non-competes
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Generous paid-time off, parental leave, and company holidays
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized gym membership
"Costs covered for license renewal and liability insurance fees, along with dues covered for AVMA and VetGirl memberships, and subscriptions for VIN and Plumbs Pro
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative t of people who live our core values and have your back
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.