Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020 and have quickly expanded across the East Coast. Small Door now operates in New York City, Boston, and Washington DC with national expansion plans in 2023 and beyond.
At Small Door, our Member Experience team is part of a supportive and collaborative network invested in their growth. Our Member Experience team has the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with our medical team and have direct interactions with our members and their furry friends. We are committed to a healthy work/life balance by leveraging state-of-the-art technology to help cut down on repetitive administrative tasks, and are dedicated to creating and maintaining a positive work culture. Small Door is also the first and only veterinary provider in the country to earn Certified B-Corp status - meaning we abide by strict standards!
What you'll do
- Oversee the scheduling system and wait time for all members
- Manage calls, emails, and additional communications
- Source of knowledge for our members by answering questions, sharing information etc.
- Deliver all billing communications during visits
- Seek out feedback and communicate to proper channels
- Maintain a clean, welcoming, and on-brand environment in our practice
- Bring hospitality and service to the forefront of our business
- Find solutions for our members
- Work with members to ensure smooth experiences
- Monitor and manage the practice by anticipating needs and serving our members
Who you are
- 2+ years working in a hospitality-focused role (vetmed experience is a plus!)
- Self-motivated, team player, excellent communicator, attention to detail, and customer service oriented
- Ability to connect with others exudes empathy and compassion
- Must be able to work flexible/non-traditional hours including weekends
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs on occasion
- Availability to work 40 hours a week including one weekend day (schedule is four -10 hour shifts)
- Passion and a love for animals (especially cats and dogs!)
- Proficient in computer skills (familiarity with slack is a plus!)
What you'll get
- Competitive compensation, $20hr
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized gym membership
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.