Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2023 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
$1000 Sign On Bonus
What you’ll do
- Knowledge and ability to recognize medical emergencies and illnesses
- Assessing patients
- Recording vitals and assisting doctors with diagnostics
- Completing treatments as instructed by the doctor
- Basic husbandry and nursing care
- Monitoring changes in patients and providing compassionate care
- Assisting in and facilitating radiography capture
- Preparing samples for outside reference labs
- Running in-house labs
- Preparing medications
- Administering medications
- Working tele-triage shifts (additional stipend)
- Additional responsibilities to maintain a hospitable environment
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience as a veterinary assistant
- Availability to work weekends (Saturday or Sunday)
- Comfortable with computers and online tools
- Strong enough to lift 50 lbs
- A thoughtful and fearless team player
- A go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled at communicating with clients
- Passionate about pets
What you'll get
- Competitive compensation
- $750 quarterly performance bonus potential
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- 401K (plus 4% company match)
- Paid-time off, CE allowance, parental leave, and company wide holidays
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Working in a well designed hospital with state-of-the-art equipment
- One Medical membership, HealthAdvocate membership
- Free CitiBike membership, WageWorks commuter benefits
- A collaborative t of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for growth and development, both personally and professionally.
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.