Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020 and have quickly expanded across the East Coast. Small Door now operates in New York City, Boston, and Washington DC with national expansion plans in 2023 and beyond.
At Small Door, our doctors are part of a supportive and collaborative network invested in their growth. With our high standard of medicine, 30-60 minute appointments, dedicated daily administrative time, generous ratio of doctors to support team, skilled veterinary nurses assisting with callbacks and much more, Small Door is proud to be a sustainable place to work and thrive. In addition to practicing Fear Free and being AAHA accredited, we’re also the only Certified B-Corp General Practice Veterinary Company in the country, meaning we abide by incredibly high standards as an organization.
Our Per-Diem or Relief Veterinarian will support our team by filling in on a regular basis.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the implementation of clinical protocols to achieve a high standard of excellence
- Ensure that medicine is delivered in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Deliver a superior overall medical experience to our members by going the extra mile in all communications
Who you are
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from a leading university with 3+ years work experience in the field and completion of a post-grad internship training program
- Professional approach and appearance, excellent interpersonal and speaking skills, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Availability to work weekends (Saturday or Sunday)
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the code of ethics
- Thrives in team-oriented environments
- Has a ‘glass half full’ attitude and a sense of humor!
What you'll get
- Competitive rate
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for growth and development, both personally and professionally
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.