Slyce is the market leader in the emerging technology of image recognition and visual search. Over the past few years, we've been busy raising capital, growing our team, and signing deals with 25+ of the leading retailers in the US including Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Neiman Marcus, and Macy’s. We are a close-knit team with ambitious goals and we're excited to drive our cutting-edge technology further into the marketplace and have fun doing it.
Our technology allows consumers to submit a photo or scan an image using their mobile device and Slyce will recognize what it contains and match it to products sold by retailers that have integrated our technology. The focus of our approach is to take our core services and white label our technology into retailers’ apps and mobile web. We also drive experiences with our core consumer apps, including SnipSnap, which reaches more than 5 million monthly users.
We're looking for a software engineer who also likes to travel and work with people. You'll join the small solutions engineering team, working closely with both our engineering and sales teams. The core of the job will be working with our new and existing clients, ensuring that they're successfully implementing and using our SDK and API. You'll code with our engineering team at our office in Philadelphia, and you'll get to travel - jumping on a plane when we need an expert in the field. This is a great job for someone who loves to code and also likes to be out and about, talking to people and seeing the technology working in real life.
- Ensure successful onboarding of new clients
- Write custom code for client data integrations
- Provide client guidance on best practices and patterns to ensure top quality solutions have been implemented
- Communicate with development teams that are integrating Slyce technology and provide technical guidance
- Answer technical questions and assist in code integrations
- Troubleshoot technical problems and assist in reaching resolutions
- Respond and be readily available to answer support questions via email and ZenDesk
- Communicate bugs, requests, and/or enhancements to the engineering team through a ticket tracking system
- Notify clients of new or upcoming versions of Slyce technology and assist in their adoption
- Develop Proof of Concept applications using our SDK in Android, Mobile and Web
- Maintain documentation on integrating SDKs
- Experience building and/or implementing SDKs (mobile/ web)
- Proficient Android and iOS development experience (need to be capable of implementing Slyce's native SDKs)
- Proficient Python
- Experience working with scalable and secure web APIs
- Experience using issue tracking tools like Jira or Asana
- Excellent written and verbal client facing communications
- Well-organized and happy to work within our operations systems and software