Slyce is the market leader in the emerging technology of image recognition and visual search. Over the past few years, we've been busy raising capital, growing our team, and signing deals with 25+ of the leading retailers in the US including Tommy Hilfiger, Best Buy, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Urban Outfitters. We are a bright and highly motivated team with ambitious goals. We're excited to drive our cutting-edge technology out to the marketplace and have fun doing it.
Our technology allows consumers to snap a photo or scan an image with their smart phones and purchase that item with a single click. The focus of our approach is to take our core services and white label our technology into retailers’ apps and mobile web. We also drive experiences with our core consumer apps, including SnipSnap, which reaches more than 5 million monthly users.
We’re obsessive about great design, great user experience and clean code. We’re passionate about high availability, performance, and consistency, though not necessarily all at once.
You’re itching to solve problems that plague consumers, and to work on a large-scale mobile development project with a top-notch engineering team. You have an insatiable desire to understand how things work; to take them apart and put them back together. You are able to communicate your ideas clearly, you don’t take yourself too seriously, and you're comfortable with others reviewing your work.
You love design. That means sketching, wireframing, prototyping, illustrating, animating and pixel pushing. Our ideal candidate will exhibit an ability to create smart user-centered designs for both mobile and online platforms while balancing high-level, holistic reasoning with detail-oriented feature design.
- You'll participate in the full life cycle of feature development for the design of the Slyce visual search platform. This is a front-end heavy endeavor where there is a tremendous opportunity for you to contribute to new UI design patterns and major enhancements to the brand
- You'll translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
- You'll focus on all of the visual design -- everything that the user touches and every interaction they experience will be something that you’ve crafted. Specifically, you will be responsible for the UI architecture, wireframes, visual, and interaction design of the Slyce platform
- You will be comfortable sharing your early design concepts (i.e. sketches, wireframes) for design feedback and critique as a means of improving your designs and learning
Technical Skills & Experience
- New grad or an industry vet -- we don't care. We're looking for someone excited, smart, and creative
- Experience with UI/UX Design for mobile apps (motion design is ideal) and/or web design
- Understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies
- A general understanding of how design impacts development; a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible and prudent
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Experience with prototyping tools (specifically After Effects and InVision)
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and experiment. We are a small team and everyone works to get the job done, no matter whose job it is
- Genuine enthusiasm for mobile apps
- Nimbleness; the ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in an iterative environment
- Keen sense of empathy and the ability to see problems and identify solutions from a user's perspective
Skip the formal cover letter, but send us a short note telling us why you want to work for Slyce. We'd love to see any examples of design work you've done.