Slyce is the market leader in the emerging technology of image recognition and visual search. Over the past few years, we've been busy raising capital, growing our team, and signing deals with 25+ of the leading retailers in the US including Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Neiman Marcus, and Macy's. We are a close-knit team with ambitious goals and we're excited to drive our cutting-edge technology further into the marketplace and have fun doing it.
Our technology allows consumers to snap a photo or scan an image with their smartphones and purchase that item with a single click. The focus of our approach is to take our core services and white label our technology into retailers’ apps and mobile web. We also drive experiences with our core consumer apps, including SnipSnap, which reaches more than 5 million monthly users
We are looking for a talented and passionate software engineer to join our core services team, responsible for the development and maintenance of our public web API/SDK, developer portal, backend processing systems, and supporting internal tools. Your primary focus will be building out scalable and flexible services to expose our next generation image recognition technology to our customers that enables them to build out powerful visual search experiences. Folks we'll want to talk to will possess a commitment to collaborative problem solving, thoughtful and strategic design, and the creation of quality code and products.
- Design and implement core components and services
- Maintain the ongoing scale, stability, and performance of backend systems
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of deliverables
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong Python development skills (3.5+ preferred)
- Strong understanding of code design principles
- Experience building scalable and secure web APIs
- Experience programming with Websockets
- Solid understanding of asynchronous processing and distributed design
- Experience working with message brokers, event-driven processing, or related techniques.
- Understanding of automated (unit/integration) testing techniques
- Some exposure to C++
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Scalable NoSQL and relational database experience.
- Bonus if you have experience with:
- Apache Kafka, Zookeeper, and Spark
- Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Augmented Reality
- OpenCV, scikit, and/or numpy
- Tensorflow, Caffe, or related
- Go, PHP, or Ruby