Our north star is to make healthcare more accessible around the world. We are doing this by advancing cell biology to develop innovative solutions for human health.
Founded in 2012, and located in one of the largest biotech hubs in the world, Slingshot Biosciences is a growing life sciences company with a platform technology and paradigm-shifting mission to make synthetic cells the gold standard for all cell-based applications. We currently have a suite of products that allow for rapid, stable instrument deployment and are poised to make headway into clinical markets with controls for engineered cell therapies.
At Slingshot, we value diversity and believe that a variety of backgrounds and experiences leads to more innovative ideas and a better understanding of our customers. Passion is at the core of our values, and employees are encouraged to pursue their passions in their work and contribute to the company's overall mission.
We desire motivated team members who appreciate the freedom to be creative and think outside the box to solve problems. We offer an environment where employees are empowered to take ownership of their work, and have the ability to quickly contribute new ideas and iterate on current processes. In everything we do, we are dedicated to delivering top-quality products and services to our customers which ultimately makes a significant impact on patient care.
We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our team to help us develop applications for our employees and customers to collect, store, process, and share scientific data.
- Lead the development of full-stack web applications for scientists, producing fully-functional and tested production code
- Own large software engineering projects, including assigning work to a team of developers
- Break down large technical projects into milestones and features, then into individual tasks
- Track and update progress on assigned tasks, and write software documentation
- Develop software to run on the cloud and desktop computers attached to scientific instruments using modern frameworks, like ReactJS, and current best practices
- Contribute to our software portfolio by building new tools or adding to existing projects in the following areas: back-end server/API development, front-end development, data storage, and devops/cloud architecture.
- Take feedback from other software engineers via code review and discussions, as well as feedback from software users, and apply it to improve our software
- Mentor peers and more junior software engineers via code reviews, system design coaching, and more
- At least five years of prior experience in a software engineering or similar role developing and testing production code with modern frameworks
- Experience writing production code with ReactJS, CSS, and a modern backend framework like Django
- Experience building cloud applications, including designing databases and data storage, with a platform like GCP or AWS
- Experience using task management software to break up projects and track progress
- Leadership experience on software development projects, including delegating work to other developers and breaking down work into milestones with time estimates
- Knowledge of fundamental software engineering concepts, like object-oriented development, web application architecture, code efficiency analysis, and source control
- Proactive and results-oriented attitude, driven to achieve tasks efficiently and effectively
- Strong collaboration skills, capable of working effectively with cross-functional teams
- A passion for learning new things and taking initiative to help our team
- This is a hybrid role, you are expected to come in and work onsite weekly
Preferred but not required:
- Back-end development experience using Django, Python, Postgres, and shell scripts
- Front-end development experience using TypeScript
- Cloud experience using Google Cloud Platform products, specifically Google Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Compute Engine, and Dataproc
- Experience with development tools Github, Jira, and Figma
- Experience building data analysis tooling and infrastructure
- Experience working with scientists or conducting scientific research; alternatively knowledge of relevant scientific domains like cell biology
What we offer at Slingshot:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Stock Option Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick)
- Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Fully stocked break room with food, snacks and beverages
Slingshot Biosciences requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of such vaccination will be required as part of the hiring process.
Slingshot Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.