Patient Care Navigator, Full Time
This is a great opportunity to use your customer service skills in an exciting way! Based in San Francisco and with a globally diverse team, Sling Health is looking for a highly motivated full-time care navigator who is willing to think creatively and empathically to help our team change the way patients access healthcare while combating physician burnout.
The core objective of the Care Navigator is to assist our team of Medical Assistants and Registered Nurses who work to support both patients and providers with the right care at the right time while providing an exceptional virtual care experience.
The Care Navigator position is a remote entry level role, and we welcome all applicants from across the country to apply. Healthcare experience is not necessary, but a desire to contribute to better patient care and outcomes in the US healthcare system is crucial.
About Sling Health
Sling Health modernizes primary care with tech-enabled clinical support teams. With our novel AI-enabled technology, our care teams are able to provide high-touch care to patients, helping them better understand their care plan, navigate the complex healthcare system, and achieve their health goals. Our solutions help reduce healthcare costs, improve health outcomes, and empower patients to be active members of their healthcare team. Based in San Francisco and founded by experienced healthcare technologists and clinicians, Sling Health aims to empower both patients and clinicians to rethink healthcare access and navigation.
Care Navigator Responsibilities:
- Support patient scheduling and clinic administrative needs
- Coordinate patient care including specialist referrals and medical record retrievals
- Ensure timely receipt of testing reports and consultation notes from third party facilities
- Maintain world class customer service for our providers and their patients
- Use our internal care management platform to ensure timely care
- Provide high quality interactions through live text, email and phone communication
- Escalate patient inquiries in accordance with company protocols
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the clinical care team, comprised of medical assistants and registered nurses
● 2+ years of customer service experience
● Strong oral and written English language skills
● Must have a personal laptop computer and a reliable internet connection
● Kind, empathetic, and emotionally intelligent
● Drive for self improvement and a fast learner
● Comfortable working independently in a home office environment
● Enjoys helping others
● Zest for problem solving, seeking answers, and thinking outside the box
● Positive, energetic team player
● Ability to multitask
● Detail-oriented and organized self-starter
● Enthusiastic about technology and innovation
● Reliable and comfortable in an ever-changing environment
● Spanish speaking and writing proficiency
● Experience working in healthcare
● Be an early member of a positive, energetic and dynamic company
● This is a contract role: no salary, no benefits, no equity
- Pay rate is $15/hour