Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
As a Sales & Growth Partner, sitting within the Sales Organization at Slice, you will own a regional territory that consists of existing Slice partners and prospects. Your efforts will enable Slice to have stronger relationships with our partners through upsell opportunities including the Slice POS system, as well as our “Accelerate” program which is our premier package for our restaurants and full engagement with all of our products and services. You will also target prospects in your region to partner with them for the full Slice digital solution.
We are looking for someone with strong organizational abilities, relationship building skills, and a passion for managing the details. You should thrive in an ever-changing startup environment and be willing to contribute wherever necessary as plans and priorities change.
You are an effective collaborator and will work with our in-field marketing team on various strategies to win your region. You are an experienced entrepreneurial leader who will be able to work independently and remotely to maximize efficiency. You will report to your Regional Sales Manager and work in collaboration with the Head of US Sales.
This role is open to candidates based in the Greater New York area, Philadelphia or Miami.
What you'll do:
- Actively sell Slice’s POS System (Slice Register) and our Accelerate program (the premiere package encompassing all products and services) to existing Slice partners in your regional market as well as prospects
- Own the entire upsell and sales cycle from cold outreach to close to forging a strong partnership
- Build relationships with restaurants owners in order to create trust and introduce new packages and products to owners
- Be the face of Slice by going into existing Slice partners and prospects, informing them about products and services for the first time
- Assist in the account management of shops to ensure successful retention onto Slice's program offering
- Close new business consistently above quota via inbound and outbound opportunity creation
- Collaborate with national in-market sales and growth team to share best practices
- Do whatever it takes to win merchants over and support them in their growth; this means physically being in the shop rolling out new offerings, implementing best practices, or doing whatever else is needed.
- Provide feedback and new recommendations on the Slice Register and Accelerate programs to your manager and the Head of Sales by gathering insights from restaurants, as well as learnings and requests from restaurants
- Sell new/additional services to the existing network when new features and offerings are rolled out across the business
What we're looking for:
- -5 years of sales experience - ideally in the SMB space
- Restaurant industry is a plus, but not required
- Salesforce experience is a plus, but not required
- High-energy and fearless; you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial seller
- Very organized in order to manage and own your day-to-day schedules
- Excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive
- Track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Passionate about tech innovation and bridging technology gaps by educating your owners through face-to-face interaction
- A valid driver's license and vehicle for travel
- You will need to travel within your territory to meet with shops 3-5 days/week (depending on the week and focus)
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.