Slice is hiring a Staff Product Designer to lead design vision, strategy, and execution for our shop tools team. Shop tools are the suite of products that help our partner shops run and grow their businesses. This includes products that provide owner's access to insights and tools to help them grow their business, that enable in store staff to manage orders, that run our POS system, and more. These are the products that directly shape each and every restaurant owner’s experience with Slice and enables their success on our platform.
This is a unique design opportunity that likely only comes along once in a career—a chance to completely reimagine products and turn them into world-class experiences at a successful, fast-growing company with a meaningful mission and an amazing culture.
As we embark on an exciting, company-wide design transformation, you'll play a key role in shaping the future of design at Slice and advancing our mission of helping small, independent businesses compete with big corporations. Your perspective and ideas will be highly valued, you'll be empowered to do your best work, and you'll accelerate your career growth.
What you'll do:
- Work cross-functionally to define long term vision and strategy for our Restaurant team.
- Partner closely with your squad to define and prioritize problems.
- Facilitate a structured, collaborative, and transparent design process.
- Translate complex ideas in order to create simple, intuitive, and delightful designs.
- Partner with engineers to ensure that design work is implemented as intended.
- Provide design feedback and mentorship to fellow designers.
- Support design team hiring efforts.
- Advocate for design.
What you'll have:
- 7+ years of product design experience, including 3+ years of leading large-scale initiatives at a product-centric company.
- Fluency in Figma and prototyping tools.
- A demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems.
- Strong product instincts and an understanding of human behavior.
- A commitment to craft and quality.
- An open mind.
- Last, but definitely not least, you have a strong desire to try new things, learn, and improve.
The best parts of this job:
- Work that matters. All of your work at Slice will be focused on helping hard-working entrepreneurs behind small, independent businesses to succeed and better serve their local communities.
- Ownership and impact. You’ll have true ownership of a large area of work and be in a position to make a huge impact for both our customers and the business.
- Transformation. You’ll be provided the opportunity to rethink and redesign the products that exist today in order to significantly level up the design and help them achieve their potential.
- Design quality. We’re committed to creating best-in-class product experiences and ensuring that all of our designers are put in a position to do the best work of their career.
- Amazing teammates. You’ll be surrounded by smart, kind people that you’ll learn from and enjoy working with on a daily basis.
- Company culture. There are many great aspects of Slice’s culture, but our most special quality is the genuine openness to and willingness to try out new ideas.
- Career growth. Our business is doing extremely well and growing quickly, which has created a vibrant environment and ample opportunities for learning and career growth. As we continue to grow, so will you.
- FREE PIZZA! Last, but definitely not least, all employees get a weekly pizza stipend in addition to free pizza served at our offices.
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.