What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice, Belfast is one of the company’s busy technology hubs and home to many of our Software specialists, Designers, Product and People Teams. We have a world class office and an office culture that is second to none; so we only hire the best!
Things you may have already worked on:
- Highly available web services
- A migration from a monolithic application into individual lightweight services
- Performance tests, load tests and smoke test
- Working in a polyglot environment focusing on the best tool for the job
- Use your expertise in system design and software engineering skills to develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards availability, performance, efficiency, and security
- Rewriting something in your favourite language, because why not?
- Expertise in Python specifically and proficient with a modern Python web framework (Flask, Django), yet be willing to utilise other technologies when required
- Comfortable with database technologies, one or more of: MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB
- Proven track record in data design
- A record of anticipating technical issues and making improvements in stability, performance and scalability across business-critical systems to discover common pain points, develop solutions and promote architectural best practices
- Ability to recognise and make trade-offs with respect to the whole system
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers
- Experience with distributed systems
- A background in refactoring monolithic systems and deconstructing a product application into a smaller domain specific services
- Familiarity with messaging systems (RabbitMQ, SQS, ZeroMQ, Kafka)
- Experience with Container Orchestration (Mesos, Kubernetes) and Docker
- Love for pizza
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in NI. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop? Why not get in touch!
- Market Leading Salary
- Stock options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning/WFH budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organisation, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.