Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Data Scientist to join the Business Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of mechanics of LTV and how it links to customers’ retention and acquisition. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in statistical methods, predictive modeling, experimentation and data storytelling. This role will report to the Director of Business Analytics.
The Business Analytics team is a partner to the Sales, Marketing, Go-to-Market, and other strategic business stakeholders. We play an active role in establishing data-driven business decision making capabilities, identifying new business opportunities and measuring impact of our business initiatives.We are a rapidly growing team that operates with an owner’s mindset. We believe in collaboration to empower the team members to drive outsized impact.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve models in existing LTV toolkit by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, running computational experiments, and fine-tuning model parameters for new models.
- Work with the Data Engineering team to deploy models in production.
- Translate findings from the model(s) into actionable insights to inform key business decisions and new product features
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders and other members of the Data Science team to drive consumption of model outputs
Who You Are:
- MS in statistics, mathematics, data science or related quantitative fields
- 4+ years of experience in an analyst or statistician role, preferably with experience of building, deploying and maintaining LTV modelsExperience in experimental design and analysis
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with large database systems
- Experience in running advanced analyses in languages such as Python, R, etc..
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.