Slice is the leading marketplace connecting customers to the local pizza shops they love. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for customers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business. Slice evens the playing field for local pizzerias against both Big Pizza and Mass Marketplaces, and we want you to join our mission.
Slice has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 12,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of product managers, technologists, marketers and operational and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favourite local pizza.
Read more about our initiatives here.
We are ready to build and scale our team and are excited to expand our growing QA Team with the addition of a mid level Automation Engineer who is looking for that real next step.
As a Software Quality Engineer you can expect to:
- Participate in the planning of software features, including details of technical implementation and product requirements.
- Serve as an internal representative, advocate, and expert for QA, contributing that perspective to the company in every way.
- Be a versatile team player who can communicate succinctly with a variety of stakeholders in the development cycle.
- Contribute to a repository of automated tests in response to reported bugs or new features.
- Add manual tests to our test suite to enhance coverage and quality for Slice’s product offering.
- Follow the lifecycle of a bug, from initial report to the creation of a regression test.
- Track test coverage, failures, and trends over time.
- Participate in deployments and execution of automated tests.
- Mentor junior members of the team in manual/automated processes.
- Maintain internal QA Documentation repository on Confluence.
- Contribute to strategic decision making where QA is a stakeholder, e.g. test approach, go/no-go on release.
- Work on your own initiative and provide solutions to technical issues facing the QA team.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends in quality, specifically testing tools, technology, processes and techniques.
- Test environment configuration/management;
- Evaluate system performance establishing baselines and identifying relative change on a build / release basis.
- 3-5 years experience within software quality assurance.
- 1+ year experience of QA Test Automation using Selenium Webdriver.
- Fluent verbal and written English skills.
- Demonstrable experience in creation and management of in depth structured test plans based on feature acceptance criteria.
- Experience of test execution including raising/tracking bugs and using test management systems (e.g. Test Rail).
- Work experience related to the quality of software products (troubleshooting, bug investigations, etc.)
- A working understanding of web technology (HTML, browser features, browser-based dev tools).
- Familiar with tools and approaches for testing Web Services(PAW, SoapUI).
- Familiar with QA, Staging and production environments, the testing infrastructure and deployment mechanisms(Jenkins ,GOCD,Gitlab).
- Understanding of the software development workflow, from developer's keyboard to production servers.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java (preferred), Ruby, Python.
- Experience within an Agile development environment.
- Experience of ownership of live high severity incidents as the QA representative.
- Demonstrate an awareness of risk in your approach to decision making.
- Test environment configuration/management - for example: Deployment of build artefacts, Web server installation, Installation of tools e.g. DB client, log management
- Positive approach to work, and treat others well.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike.
- Any form of QA Testing Qualification such as ISTQB Foundation Certificate.
- Experience in creating tools and/or own projects to assist the QA process.
- Familiar with UNIX-style terminal usage.
Great Engineers can come from a variety of backgrounds, and so Slice is open-minded to varied education and experience.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Engineering culture and skill bases and community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.