What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
What You'll Do:
- Putting users at the heart of all we do, you will consistently help us raise the bar when it comes to the quality and polish of the Slice Mobile product user experience.
- Working closely with Product, Design, and UX partners to set up and iterate over products you and your team(s) own.
- Guide and mentor your cross functional team(s) using a servant leadership approach, supporting your direct reports to be both highly productive and also intrinsically motivated
- Ensure your people are constantly learning, feeling engaged, and creatively delivering for our customers while also growing their own skills and abilities.
- You’ll promote sustainability alongside delivery at all times.
- Evolve and improve product engineering standards and practices within your teams
- Demonstrate expertise in driving resolution of complex problems - both individually and also through helping others organise effectively to do the same.
- Partake in platform level improvements that touch many systems.
- You'll have a major impact in the functional and non-functional aspects of Slice’s consumer facing applications.
- Lead by example through writing very high quality, maintainable code.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years experience of building consumer facing mobile applications (ideally working on a high profile and top tier mobile application - Top 20 in an app store category).
- Minimum 2 years experience leading a team of 5 or more Software Engineers.
- Demonstrable first-hand experience using modern development frameworks including Swift, Kotlin, React
- History of partnering with Design, Product and Marketing professionals to deliver world class user experiences.
- Demonstrable systems thinking skills. Understands that apps are only one part of a larger system.
- Understands API design. Knows, and can drive, what 'good' looks like and what the app needs short term and long term from an API.
- Passion for learning and coaching others.
- A positive approach to your work, and treat others well.
- Strong positively-oriented communication skills.
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with product engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike.
- Must have understanding of the full product development life-cycle.
- Experience with migrating an existing Objective-C application to Swift.
- Strong knowledge of Agile approaches such as Kanban, Scrum, Lean.
- Interest or experience with various design patterns e.g. reactive programming, MVVM.
- Experience working on Android and iOS versions of the same application
- Full stack experience is a strong advantage - we’re interested in candidates who have built apps that interact with backend services built using Ruby, Go, Python.
- Interest in working with Android or backend web services is a plus.
- Knowledge of current advances and tools being created and adopted by the mobile software community.
Great Engineers can come from a variety of backgrounds, and so Slice is open-minded to varied education and experience.
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.