Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
As a Restaurant Development Account Executive for Project By Slice, you will be responsible for getting existing Slice merchants bought into the vision of By Slice and bringing on new pizzerias for the program. We are looking for someone with strong organizational abilities, relationship building skills, and a passion for managing the details. You should thrive in an ever-changing startup environment and be willing to contribute wherever necessary as plans and priorities change. You will report to the GM, Project By Slice.
What you'll do:
- Must be able to travel within your territory meeting shops 4-5 days a week.
- Sell the By Slice offering to local pizza shops currently on the Slice platform in your territory to help accelerate their business!
- Be the “face” of Project By Slice for existing Slice partners learning about By Slice for the first time.
- Do whatever it takes to win merchants over and support them in their growth; this means physically being in the shop,rolling out new offerings, implementing best practices, or doing whatever else is needed.
- Provide feedback and new recommendations to the By Slice team and Slice leadership based on gathering insights from restaurants, as well as learnings and requests from restaurants
- Master the By Slice sales cycle - from lead generation to closure to forging a successful partnership
- Close new business consistently above quota via inbound and outbound opportunity creation
- Build relationships with prospects and stakeholders to grow new business
- Maintain and manage your book of business to ensure your portfolio of restaurants are set up for success and achieving outsized growth and operational efficiencies.
- Assist the account management and By Slice teams in ensuring successful onboarding and retention onto Project By Slice over the initial months of the merchant’s partnership.
- Sell new/additional services to the existing network when new features and offerings are rolled out across the business
- Contribute a “play to win” mentality to the team, and come in every day with a positive attitude.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years in sales or account management – ideally focused on SMBs
- Restaurant experience preferred
- Proficient in Google Docs and Excel
- High-energy and fearless - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- Excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive
- Track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Self-starter and self-motivator
- Coachable and welcomes feedback for continuous self-improvement
- Willingness to move quickly and adjust with all the nuances of a startup culture
- Collaborative and flexible attitude and ability to handle shifting priorities
- Stellar time management skills with the ability to recognize and focus on high priority tasks
- Strong “can do” attitude
- A valid driver's license and vehicle for travel
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.