Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
As the Transformation Project Manager of Project By Slice, you will own the end-to-end project management of new shop launches and physical transformation projects for Accelerate/Project by Slice, one of our critical growth initiatives. We are looking for someone with strong organizational and communication skills along with a passion for managing the details. Strong candidates thrive in an ever-changing startup environment and are willing to contribute wherever necessary to get the job done on time and on budget. You will report to the Head of Transformation.
What You’ll Do:
- Project manage entire new restaurant launches and existing restaurant renovation projects from conception to completion
- Define the scope of projects including goals, deliverables, schedules and budgets - breaking down complex multi-month projects into component parts and phases, create execution plans for each phase, and drive internal and external project teams towards that plan
- Keep projects on track through clear task lists, issue tracking status reports, meeting notes, and significant time on-site with our restaurant partners
- Coordinate logistics and sharing of key information between Slice’s internal teams, our restaurant partners, and the vendors needed to execute on the project
- Liaise with contractors, architects, FF&E vendors, and others on-site during construction
- Review renderings, floor plans, equipment lists, and other construction-related documents to guide our restaurant partners and ensure proper execution of the project at all phases
- Have a clear understanding of potential blockers and escalate them through the proper channels to ensure project success
- Manage project financials including overall project budget and reporting
- Jump into work streams, executing modules of work as necessary to push projects forward
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years in project management roles – ideally opening and/or renovating restaurants or retail spaces
- Experience managing multiple projects and external stakeholders
- Ability to build complex cross-functional project roadmaps, document workflows, create processes, and manage budgets
- Collaborative and flexible attitude and ability to handle shifting priorities
- Ability to assess needs, challenges, and risks, propose solutions, and know where to look or who ask if you don’t know the answer
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally, notably an ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and projects at once without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Solid track record of delivering projects on time
- Excellent time management, and proven ability to multitask, work with tight deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Strong “can do” attitude
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.