What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice is seeking a Director of Training & Development to create the infrastructure needed to support our growing Global restaurant facing teams. You’ll lead a team of Trainers to build programs that onboard our new hires, help them win more effectively, and continue coaching and developing them throughout their careers. You will coach and develop our trainers, ensuring that they create training that sales and account managers love attending because it elevates their skills and drives results. You will report to the Senior Director of Global Restaurant Operations and Enablement.
What you'll do:
- Develop and drive Slice's sales training strategy for its global Restaurant functions, including inside and outside sales and account management.
- Create and deliver programs focused on ongoing enablement and learning for the entire sales & account management teams - pitch certification, ongoing enablement/learning, playbook creation.
- Partner with Restaurant Leadership to identify and address through training or enablement productivity gaps & prioritize work on key initiatives across the global restaurant teams.
- Design, implement, and manage the Global Restaurant Onboarding Program to efficiently and effectively ramp new hires and promoted reps across a spectrum of roles and geographies
- Partner with Product and Marketing to equip the Restaurant org with the most up-to-date product offerings and world-class resources to sell them.
- Partner with Restaurant Leadership to identify sales and renewals productivity gaps & prioritize work on key initiatives across the global team.
- Gather and relay feedback to continuously iterate on the training strategy.
- Implement checkpoints to assess quality of outcomes and effectiveness of training
- Design and administer post-training surveys to evaluate effectiveness and deliver reports to management
- Implement Slice's first LMS and internal knowledge base for the Restaurant team; ensure system is maintained and content is updated regularly
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years relevant experience designing & delivering sales enablement programs and/or learning solutions
- Experience managing a team during a period of high growth at a company.
- Experience building onboarding and enablement plans in a successful, high-growth environment.
- Consistent and provable history of content creation with specific examples.
- Strong experience in B2B sales or account management training.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work across Sales, Marketing, and Product to create a culture of alignment.
- A leader who understands and is passionate about how to develop, coach and build a strong team culture
- You have strength in multi-tasking, prioritization, attention to detail, and organization as well as outstanding communication and project management skills.
- Bonus points if you have scaled a training team prior and/or have experience working in the food tech space.
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.