What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice, Belfast is one of the company’s busy technology hubs and home to many of our Software specialists, Designers, Product and People Teams. We have a world class office and an office culture that is second to none; so we only hire the best!
What You'll Do:
- Build for the user! You will consistently raise the bar when it comes to the quality and polish of the Slice Mobile product user experience.
- Display exceptional productivity when working both independently and pairing to drive work to completion.
- Evolve and improve engineering standards and practices across the organisation.
- Demonstrate expertise in the resolution of software failures and guide the wider team on how to tackle these in the future.
- Guide platform level improvements that touch many systems.
- You'll have a major impact in the features and performance of our mobile applications.
- Lead by example through writing very high quality, maintainable code.
- Be a mentor and teacher to other engineers.
- 9+ years experience of building consumer facing mobile applications.
- Expert-level knowledge of Swift or Objective-C.
- Demonstrable systems thinking skills. Understands that apps are only one part of a larger system.
- Understands API design. Knows, and can drive, what 'good' looks like and what the app needs short term and long term from an API.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Fluent verbal and written English skills.
- Passion for learning and coaching others.
- A positive approach to your work, and treat others well.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike.
- 3+ years working on a high profile and top tier mobile application - Top 10 in an app store category
- Experience with migrating an existing Objective-C application to Swift.
- Broad knowledge of Agile processes.
- Interest or experience with various mobile patterns e.g. reactive programming, MVVM.
- Experience working on an Android mobile application written in Kotlin.
- Must have understanding of the full product development life-cycle.
- Interest in working with Android or backend web services is a plus.
- Knowledge of current advances and tools being created and adopted by the iOS software community.
Great Engineers can come from a variety of backgrounds, and so Slice is open-minded to varied education and experience.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Engineering culture and skill bases and community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Stock options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning/WFH budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.