What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice, Belfast is one of the company’s busy technology hubs and home to many of our Software specialists, Designers, Product and People Teams. We have a world class office and an office culture that is second to none, so we hire the best!
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, and culture. We created Slice to champion the small pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite.
We’re growing our team every day — so, if you’ve got a passion for local, authentic pizza and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team!
Read more about our initiatives here.
What You'll Do:
- Display exceptional productivity when working both independently and with others on shared goals
- Work to deliver best in class user experiences on our consumer-facing pizza ordering app or our restaurant-facing management apps
- You'll have a major impact on the features and performance of all of our applications
- Collaborate with our designers and product team to build meaningful features and experiences for all our users
- Display expertise in resolution of software failures
- Lead by example by writing very high quality, maintainable code
- 3+ years experience of building mobile applications
- Advanced knowledge of Java or Kotlin
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills
- A drive to improve your skills and further your knowledge
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of your peers
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with both engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike
- Experience with delivering production-ready code covered with unit tests
- Experience working on consumer focused mobile applications
- Interest or experience with various mobile patterns e.g. reactive programming, MVVM
- Experience with Kotlin in Android
- Experience testing Android applications with frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito
- Experience with Android Jetpack including Compose, LiveData, Hilt and Room
- Understanding of the full product development life-cycle
- Interest in working on back end web services, especially in Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of popular frameworks such as OkHttp, Retrofit, and RxJava
- Knowledge of current advances and tools being created and adopted by the Android software community
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.