Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
We’re looking for a seasoned Data Scientist with significant experience in experimentation, measurement, statistical methods, and data storytelling to join the Product Analytics team. We partner with Product, Engineering, and Design to inform all aspects of the product experience for both our consumer apps and restaurant products.
We work on a wide range of projects, including experiment design & measurement to assess the impact of new features, behavioral analyses to optimize user flows in our apps, high-level strategic analyses to identify new opportunities & inform the product direction, and quantitative user research to better understand our users’ needs. We’re passionate about building an insights-driven company culture and driving impact through our work.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross functionally with Product, Engineering, and Design to drive the product roadmap and inform key strategic decisions
- Design experimentation & measurement plans to measure the impact of new features and initiatives
- Define metrics and utilize dashboards to measure the health of our initiatives
- Identify and clearly communicate actionable insights for cross functional stakeholders, providing recommendations to improve the product experience
- Advocate for data-informed decision making and continue to build an insights-driven culture at Slice
- Mentor members of the Data Science team and engage in other leadership opportunities
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to design and develop reliable data pipelines that help answer business questions
Who you are:
- You have experience as a data science lead, with a focus in product analytics
- Hands on experience with SQL, at least one scripting language (Python, R, Julia, etc.), and analytics/visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, ggplot/matplotlib/seaborn, etc.)
- Strong statistical skills, especially with experiment design & evaluation
- You have a user-focused mindset, and you value how qualitative insights can complement your quantitative work
- You care most about driving impact with your work and balance tradeoffs between quality and speed
- You’re a compelling storyteller, and can communicate complex topics in straightforward, impact-focused terms to cross-functional teams
- You build trusting relationships with business partners
- You have experience managing large, cross-team projects
- You enjoy mentoring others to help them develop their data science skills
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.