What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza.
Slice was born in 2010 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 12,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. We've also even been featured in the Apple Apple Store a good few times!
Read more about our initiatives here.
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food — it's a slice of life. Across the world, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, and culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom and pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite.
Let’s chat if an opportunity as a Full Stack engineer at Slice sounds exciting! You will develop internal and customer facing web applications with Ruby on Rails and React.
- 2+ years of commercial experience building commercial software in a modern programming language
- Comfortable in Linux/Unix-like environments for development and production.
- History of using solid software development practices and tools such as automated testing, source control, and agile process.
- Fluent verbal and written English skills
- Passion for learning
- You have a fun and positive approach to your work, and treat others well.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike
- Commercial experience using Ruby on Rails.
- Passion for technology
- Experience of personal projects, github, websites etc
- An understanding of building consumer-facing web software, including shopping experiences and e-commerce.
- A secondary programming language
Great Engineers can come from a variety of backgrounds, and so Slice is open-minded to varied education and experience.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Engineering culture and skill bases and community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.