Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Read more about our initiatives here.
What you'll do:
We are on the hunt for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join us at Slice! You will help develop our customer facing web applications using the latest in front end technologies and design patterns, while helping us grow our product offering by making great engineering decisions, mentoring some new blood and more!
What we're looking for:
- Experience building production-ready applications in a modern front-end framework
- Ability to create clean and organized front-end code that optimally loads.
- Fluent verbal and written English skills
- Positive approach to work, and treat others well.
- Ability and experience in mentoring others
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike
- Experience writing production React applications
- Experience setting up and using metrics, monitoring and analytics tools to measure front-end application performance
- Comfort in working on mobile-first web products
- Understanding the vision and goals for a web product, and looking at things from the user's perspective
- Ability to craft leading-edge front-end interactions
- Experience in implementing front-ends for Rails backed systems is a big bonus
- Understanding of best practices for using libraries, version control, and sticking to a shared software development process
- Experience monitoring and maximizing the SEO of a web product
- Experience working with remote team members or offshore teams
- Love for pizza
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Engineering culture and skill bases and community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.