Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
As the Senior Director of Research at Slice, you will start a brand new company function and partner cross-functionally to build world-class quantitative and qualitative research, with the ultimate goal to unlock value by building personalized experiences. You are a business leader who thrives in a hyper cross-functional environment, connecting the dots from Data Science, Marketing, Sales, Product and other teams to build a unified story. You are eager to drive impact by voicing the needs of people behind pizza (pizza eaters, pizza makers, shop owners, delivery drivers, etc.), rallying the broader organization to build for them. You thrive in ambiguity and love connecting the dots and creating beautiful stories out of chaos (not really chaos, but you get the point). You are an excellent communicator across virtually all media types and audiences, including C-level and Board of Directors. You will report to the VP of Analytics & Planning.
What you'll do:
- Own and develop all consumer and restaurant research, including exploratories, attitudes and usage, personas/segmentation studies and trackers
- Bring domain expertise around best-in-class methodologies for various business objectives and overall sampling/representativeness to ensure insights are valid and actionable
- Influence the strategy and execution of cross-functional partners across the Business and Product organizations by crafting compelling stories and bringing key qualitative and quantitative insights to life
- Power the company’s growing personalization efforts by identifying key behavioral characteristics of Slice users and recommending the most impactful products to build
- Own and administer quantitative and qualitative surveys such as NPS, restaurant surveys, etc., including evaluation and partnership with external vendors
- Partner with the Data Science team to uncover key insights about Slice’s position in the markets where we operate
What we're looking for:
- BSc in a economics or quantitative discipline; MSc preferred
- 10+ years in a primary research role (quant and qual methodologies)
- Entrepreneurial drive and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Exceptional communication skills across virtually all media types (verbal, written, presentation) and senior audiences (Director, VP, C-level, Board of Directors)
- Strong leadership and ability to influence senior cross-functional stakeholders
- Builder’s mentality and willingness to start and grow the new Research function at Slice
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.