What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
As the Director of Strategic Initiative at Slice, you will own the end-to-end strategy and execution of Project by Slice, one of our critical growth initiatives. As a cross-functional partner to product, marketing, engineering, and sales, you will be instrumental in developing and executing against our growth initiative roadmap focused on building a full suite of franchise-like offerings for independent pizzerias. We are looking for someone with strong consultative skills and passion for managing the details, who thrives in an ever-changing startup environment and is willing to contribute wherever necessary. You will report to the Head of Strategic Initiatives and will be based in New York but able to travel to the various markets we serve.
What you'll do:
- Own the end-to-end strategy and execution of Project by Slice, one of Slice’s critical growth initiatives, including the development of a full suite of franchise-like offerings for independent pizzerias
- Evolve our current MVP into a broader solution by enhancing our value proposition and developing new offerings
- Partner cross-functionally with key stakeholders in product and engineering, analytics, marketing, sales, and business development to execute against the roadmap, ensuring timelines and financial targets are achieved, and that internal communication on progress is clear and timely
- Establish clear and measurable KPIs for growth; report on progress to the Executive team on a monthly basis
- Evangelize this initiative and the Slice company brand internally and externally
- Manage or establish new partnerships and/or vendor relationships to support key growth areas
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in business operations, finance, strategy, or related field
- 3+ years experience working within a franchise business or SMB-focused model
- Demonstrated experience planning & executing against growth initiatives and partnering with cross-functional teams to prioritize, evaluate, and make decisions to benefit the overall business
- Experience serving SMBs
- A team player who is an exceptional motivator and mentor; who has the ability to influence without formal authority
- A scrappy, creative thinker who is data-driven and action-oriented
- A product-minded business partner with a strong understanding of the many factors at play in the evolution of a new initiative; market and trend research & analysis, user experience testing, target marketing, positioning and strategy, and more
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers and eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization and pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge and cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform and voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, and fill the world with authentic cuisine. When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains and robotic trucks because the quality, variety, and authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient and known worldwide. We believe pizza isn’t just food. It’s a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
We’re growing our family every day — so, if you’ve got a passion for local, authentic pizza and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.