Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
We’re looking for a seasoned Data Scientist with significant experience in experimentation, measurement, statistical methods, and data storytelling to join the Product Analytics team. We partner with Product, Engineering, and Design to inform all aspects of the product experience for both our consumer apps and restaurant products.
We work on a wide range of projects, including experiment design & measurement to assess the impact of new features, behavioral analyses to optimise user flows in our apps, high-level strategic analyses to identify new opportunities & inform the product direction, and quantitative user research to better understand our users’ needs. We’re passionate about building an insights-driven company culture and driving impact through our work.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross functionally with Product, Engineering, and Design to drive the product roadmap and inform key strategic decisions
- Design experimentation & measurement plans to measure the impact of new features and initiatives
- Define metrics and utilise dashboards to measure the health of our initiatives
- Identify and clearly communicate actionable insights for cross functional stakeholders, providing recommendations to improve the product experience
- Advocate for data-informed decision making and continue to build an insights-driven culture at Slice
- Mentor members of the Data Science team and engage in other leadership opportunities
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to design and develop reliable data pipelines that help answer business questions
Who you are:
- You have experience as a data science lead, with a focus in product analytics
- Hands on experience with SQL, at least one scripting language (Python, R, Julia, etc.), and analytics/visualisation tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, ggplot/matplotlib/seaborn, etc.)
- Strong statistical skills, especially with experiment design & evaluation
- You have a user-focused mindset, and you value how qualitative insights can complement your quantitative work
- You care most about driving impact with your work and balance tradeoffs between quality and speed
- You’re a compelling storyteller, and can communicate complex topics in straightforward, impact-focused terms to cross-functional teams
- You build trusting relationships with business partners
- You have experience managing large, cross-team projects
- You enjoy mentoring others to help them develop their data science skills
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organisation, and we aim to recruit likeminded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.