What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $46 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
We are hiring an experienced Data Scientist to join the Product Analytics team. As an analytics expert, you will create a massive impact by partnering with the Product squad leads across Product, Design and Engineering daily to optimise and accelerate product development for our restaurants and consumers. You are scrappy and excited about working in an evolving business and data infrastructure, you feel passionate about building a data-driven culture of the company and having a huge impact on a growing team.
We are open to applications from UK candidates who are interested in working on a permanent remote basis.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with product, design, engineering leads in a squad format to drive product development roadmap.
- Design and evaluate experiments to inform key strategic and operational decisions.
- Build tools, dashboards, reports to simplify day to day work of the product teams.
- Lead deep-dive analysis and predictive modelling to drive problem solving, identify and clearly communicate actionable insights for cross functional stakeholders.
- Instil a culture of operational and data excellence by partnering with Data Engineering to design and develop reliable and scalable data pipelines.
- 4+ years of product analytics or related experience.
- Proficiency in SQL and programing languages like Python/R/Spark etc.
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions.
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses.
- Ability to manage small projects and to operate as the point of contact for the business partner.
- A fun and positive approach to your work, and treat others well.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research or equivalent quantitative fields, masters preferred.
- Experience in software engineering, data engineering, consulting, or academic research a plus.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the Product Development skill base and community here in NI. ]
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
We do not use agencies as we have a strong network of referrals, and also want you to have the best recruiting experience possible. A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.