Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
As Director, People at Slice, you will be an HR Business Partner (HRBP) by taking a strategic, yet hands-on approach, to helping department leaders and managers organize, develop and engage their teams. You will build and manage People programs and processes that drive individual and team performance and enhance engagement, while strengthening our Slice culture and community. We are looking for someone with strong consultative skills and passion for managing the details, who thrives in an ever-changing startup environment and is willing to contribute wherever necessary. You will report to the Chief People Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Be a People team leader and mentor
- Manage one direct report (Manager, People / HRBP), supporting their work and career development
- Coach and mentor People team members in Macedonia on progressive People/HR practices and process improvement opportunities; involves periodic travel to Macedonia (once it is safe to travel and we lift our internal travel restrictions)
- Be a strategic People/HR partner
- Work closely with department leaders to understand business needs and provide HR guidance that informs key decisions
- Develop and execute people strategies to complement or enhance our existing programs focused on onboarding, performance management, employee relations, learning, total rewards, and culture
- Develop and empower senior and middle managers to take accountability for the People needs and challenges within their organizations
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers and employees (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Support individual and team effectiveness by advising client groups on organizational design, talent reviews, employee development, and retention
- Provide interpretation, counseling and training for employees and managers on policies and procedures, ensuring US and international compliance
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Contribute to our global Slice community
- Regularly share best practices with the global People team to ensure alignment across our approaches
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the rest of the team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Support and develop diversity, equity, and inclusion programs
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 8 years progressive Human Resources/People Ops experience, preferably in tech, fast paced, highly engaged environment
- Working knowledge of multiple HR areas, including organizational design, talent and performance management, compensation, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, culture and engagement, and US employment laws
- Demonstrated background evaluating and implementing People programs and initiatives across HR generalist functions including building culture, onboarding, compensation planning, benefits, performance management, learning, and employee relations
- Experience coaching, influencing, and problem-solving with and for internal stakeholders
- Experience quickly diagnosing challenges, strategizing solutions, and implementing change
- Results/action orientation with strong planning and execution skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to build trust and relationships quickly
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.