Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
As the Senior Manager of Business Analytics sitting inside Slice’s Data Science organization, you will lead the partnership with the Business team and Analytics effort to optimize and accelerate business decisions for our restaurants and consumers. You are an effective collaborator and will work with business leadership to set up the analytics strategy. You are an experienced analytics leader who will bring operational excellence and analytical rigor to the team. You will manage a growing team of data scientists and analysts and guide the team to clearly communicate and present insights that unlock the power of data to inform business decisions. You will report to the Director of Data Science
What you’ll do:
- Develop, mentor and grow a team of data scientists and analysts
- Drive and oversee experiments and analyses to inform key strategic and operational decisions
- Build tools, dashboard, reports to simplify day to day work of the business teams
- Identify and clearly communicate actionable insights for stakeholders and executives
- Create analytics infrastructure and standards, abstract complex problems into tangible milestones and guide the team to build on success
- Inspire operational excellence and analytical rigor
What we’re looking for:
- BSc in Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research or equivalent quantitative fields, MSc preferred
- 6+ years of sales, marketing or business analytics experience, including people management
- Deep understanding of the industry data landscape, including trending technology and best practices
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in SQL and programing languages like Python/R/Spark etc, and the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require
- Self-starter and willingness to hustle in a fast-paced workplace
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.