Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
At Slice, we are committed to delivering the best possible ordering experience for pizza lovers. We are looking for a passionate VP of Customer Experience to be the voice of the customer (both our restaurant partners and the consumers) across the organization. From the moment an order is placed with Slice, the Customer Experience team is responsible for all communication with the customer. You’ll drive our customer loyalty efforts by establishing our strategy, developing Voice of the Customer programs and insights, managing and scaling our support teams, and working closely with our restaurant, product and engineering team to continuously improve our customer experience. You will report the Chief Business Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Be the primary advocate for the Slice customer, representing both the voice of the customer and the company, and balancing the needs of the customer with those of the business
- Develop and lead a best in class Voice of the Customer program to gain insights into both restaurant partners and consumers’ needs
- Identify different customer subsets and analyze customer insights to create a better experience through process/product change, communication change, and beyond
- Develop strategic initiatives that drive customer satisfaction, retention & LTV
- Explore and advise executive leadership on new technologies and/or vendors to improve productivity and customer engagement to keep them coming back
- Partner with our product and engineering teams on the exploration and execution of product developments to improve customer experience and team efficiencies
- Evaluate productivity and performance across the Customer Service team as it measures up to company-wide goals and department KPIs
- Determine staffing levels across Customer Service to guarantee service expectations are met
- Coach and develop the team to provide stellar support across all channels and build authentic relationships with our customers
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience on the CX team of a fast-growth startup
- Proven experience creating processes that enable a CX team to scale and deliver tangible business benefit (NPS improvements, churn reduction, product improvements)
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with the leadership team on developing and executing overall company strategies
- Ability to leverage data to make strategic decisions
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.