What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $44 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice was born in 2011 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 10,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favourite local pizza.
What you’ll do.
- Leverage your quantitative expertise to understand how Slice can apply supply and demand levers to unlock marketplace opportunities; techniques will include experiment design, predictive modelling, observational analysis, pattern recognition and any others as needed
- Partner with Product and Marketing teams to set clear goals, measure progress against them and influence their respective roadmaps
- Ensure consistent tracking, analysis, and reporting of core product and marketing programs and channel KPIs in weekly dashboards
- Build and maintain executive dashboards in Looker
- Improve the accessibility and organisation of data
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to understand all data flows, build new flows as needed and create appropriate data dictionaries for business users
- Simplify complex raw data into user friendly explores, looks, and dashboards for audiences across the organization
- Perform complex ad-hoc data and analysis requests
What we're looking for:
- BSc in a quantitative discipline (MSc preferred)
- 4+ years of specialised experience in Data Science or Advanced Analytics solving complex analytical problems in a technology environment
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Fluency in at least one statistical software (R preferred), Excel and at least one visualisation tool (Looker, Mode, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong data modelling and transformation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in NI. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop? Why not get in touch!
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
We do not use agencies as we have a strong network of referrals, and also want you to have the best recruiting experience possible. A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit likeminded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.