We are looking to hire a seasoned executive that is eager to build a data-driven fraud prevention team from the ground up. The Head of Fraud Prevention and Data is an experienced fintech/banking professional that will work with our product, engineering, and operations teams to own the Risk Strategy on specific products and features.
Goals will be based around empathizing with our customer pain points, and working to improve the experience, while also ensuring bad actors are unable to exploit our good members or monetize in our platform. The ongoing pursuit of creating a fraud free, frictionless experience for our members is never ending, but is forever rewarding and exciting.
This role has an annual starting salary of $185,000 - $300,000 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits (see below). The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own the Risk member experience and the resulting fraud loss performance across the entire product.
- Identify and prioritize the highest impact projects to systematically mitigate fraud risk, while eliminating friction to good members and reducing operational overheads.
- Drive the delivery of large cross-functional initiatives, involving multiple stakeholders, often with competing priorities
- Build and analyze multiple data sources to determine a data backed decision for project prioritization.
- Stay current on industry best practices, emerging risk technologies, threat vectors, and competitor initiatives to ensure risk products and features are best in class
- Develop trusting relationships with Engineering, Product counterparts, and other major internal stakeholders as well as external partners
We’re looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of fintech, payments, banking, or financial services experience
- 6+ years of fraud mitigation strategy experience
- A proven ability to manage, organize, and scaling fraud and data teams
- Advanced SQL and Python knowledge skills to build data backed decisioning
- Relevant AML/Fraud certifications e.g. Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is preferred
- Strong time management skills; ability to troubleshoot, juggle multiple projects and prioritize workloads
- Experience in leading multiple large cross-team initiatives
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal; and confidence in facilitating cross-functional team meetings to achieve results
What's in it for You:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- High autonomy + ownership culture
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits plan
- Generous vacation policy