What You'll Be Doing:
- You will be responsible for writing a lot of code everyday across the entire codebase & organization.
- You will lead a team of junior and senior engineers, guide architectural decisions, and define engineering projects that align with product strategy.
- You will be our first lead engineer and your role will be massively impactful for Slash in a period of rapid growth.
- You will play a critical role in hiring, including interviewing engineers and making organizational and cultural decisions.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- You have deep experience building and scaling high-traffic APIs.
- You have spent 5+ years contributing to high-performing engineering teams.
- You take pride in writing high quality code. We work primarily with Node.js, React, CockroachDB, AWS, and Redis using modern frameworks such as Next.js.
- You have experience working in high-growth, fast-paced environments and driving projects forward.
What's in it for You:
- Opportunity for high growth
- High autonomy + ownership culture
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Remote onboarding stipend
- Comprehensive health + benefits plan
- Opportunity to work at a co-working space provided if desired
- Quarterly team off-sites in fun locations + free trips to sneaker conferences