At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
Why this role exists
We are designing the first human-rated, commercial-ready version of our PRT (Personal Rapid Transport) technology. We are looking for a dedicated and accurate Mechanical Drafter / Drawing Checker with an interest in mechanical engineering and a self-motivated attitude. You will be working with our expert engineering teams to create a variety of technical drawings and digital models and will be able to contribute to the design process as well. We foster a positive and encouraging work atmosphere and offer plenty of opportunities for on-the-job mentoring and practical experience with several departments, including manufacturing and project management. Join our team and enjoy competitive pay and benefits as well as the chance to further your professional education and career prospects.
- Associate degree in drafting
- Proficient with SolidWorks
- Proven knowledge and experience with GD&T
- Excellent technical communication skills with engineers and manufacturing personnel
- Strong attention to detail and mathematical abilities
- Able to work within strict deadlines
- Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering (will allow growth potential)
- Professional certification in mechanical drafting
- Experience with mechanical manufacturing processes
- Create technical drawings, manufacturing schematics, and 2D and 3D digital models of mechanical equipment designs, using measurements, specifications and additional data from engineering team
- Check and bring to completion preliminary drawings made by engineers. Review 3D models and understand the design intent.
- Collect initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers, and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
- Coordinate directly with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company standards and best practices
- Annotate and verify all numerical designations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics, using both CAD programs and manual calculations when necessary
- Communicate with manufacturing personnel to create detailed layouts prior to production, and assist in designing, creating and testing production molds
- Provide support to engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizing multiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details
- Assist in ongoing project to standardize and unify design document standards by participating in meetings and preparing presentation materials as necessary
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.