At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
You will help lead the team whose design will lead to the next generation of MagLev guideway systems. The ideal candidate is a team player with experience leading the design of linear infrastructure including elevated rail and bridges. You will ensure engineering excellence and timely execution toward product outcomes.
- A lead civil structural engineer will take a lead role in specifying, designing, and developing skyTran’s next generation linear infrastructure. These include elevated guideways which are the key elements of skyTran’s system.
- You will generate concepts or will use already developed concepts and assist in taking each system through the development cycle of design reviews, documentation creation, analysis, safety, performance verification and integration with higher level systems.
- Your work will be achieved through collaboration with other technical and non-technical members of the skyTran team.
- B.S. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering (Structural preferred)
- PE preferred
- Experience leading design of structures, including issuing work to and checking work of others
- Proficiency in using engineering first principles for concept generation and evaluation
- Use of standard engineering practices, including industry typical codes and standards
- Experience in hand calculations and FEA
- Proven experience in developing complex new structural products
- Ability to communicate complex principles in straightforward and succinct manner
- Experience with 3D CAD (experience in PDM/PLM strongly preferred)
- Design to requirements for next generation MagLev Vehicle higher level systems into component and subsystem requirements
- Assist in creating interface control and assembly drawings
- Perform preliminary structural analysis using industry simulation tools
- Operation of CATIA CAD design tool for generating parts and assemblies, developing concept layouts, collaborating with other team members’ work
- Identification and application of industry best practices, standards and codes
- You understand the big picture and what needs to be done to achieve it while also being able to dive into the nitty-gritty to get things done.
- Superb creativity, vision, and problem-solving skills
- You possess the ability to research, understand and apply new technologies/software/techniques to generate concepts in response to system requirements
- Hands-on attitude
- You are levelheaded. You get things done, regardless of external circumstances.
- You have a high level of curiosity
- You can work alone or as part of a team
In the first 90-days on the job, you will:
- Learn our MagLev architecture and apply what you learn to generate concepts
- Help determine system level architecture and capture requirements that bring us to a detailed design of a certifiable system
- Lead in the design of one or more systems of our Guideways architecture and see it through a gated review process
In the first year, you will:
- Generate designs and see them through multiple design reviews
- Develop and build multiple test and demonstration systems in the US and abroad
- Develop and test alignment methods for individual sub-systems
- Develop concepts to aide in alignment of parts and structures
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.