At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
You will be part of the team whose Electronics will power the next generation of exciting new transportation vehicles. The ideal candidate is a team player with some experience as an electrical engineer who wants to put their knowledge into hands-on practice and also is eager to take on challenges in order to learn and develop their skills.
- Aid in the design of electronic units and PCBs for a range of vehicle, control, safety and test subsystems across our transformational, high-speed, magnetic levitation vehicles.
- Aid in developing electronic assemblies from prototype to production, including component selection, electronics board prototyping, bring-up and test.
- Responsible for sourcing components and ensuring critical items are procured, tracked, and inventoried
- Aid in the design, build, test, and implementation of various integrated electrical systems and test rigs
- Work hands on bring up of electronics and/or harnesses including assembling and/or reworking PCBAs, building test and vehicle harnessing, and integrating a multitude of electronics.
- Learn and aid in electronical system design from prototype to low volume manufacturing and certification.
- Involved in enclosure and wiring harness design
- At least a BSEE or equivalent Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 1 year in related experience
- Eager to take on new challenges, learn and develop various skills
- Experience utilizing EE laboratory tools such as scopes, power supplies, signal generators, etc
- Familiar with electronics design and ECAD (schematics and layout), including hands-on experience with PCB design, circuit design, verification, and validation a strong plus
- Familiar with and capable of engaging in hands on design, build and test of electrical systems
- Familiar with and capable of conducting PCBA rework and build up.
- Familiar with and capable of building and testing harnesses, including understanding solder and crimp practices.
- Ideally previous experience with electronics development for vehicular applications (e.g., automotive, aerospace, rail)
- Strong engineering intuition
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to rapidly adapt with changing information and requirements
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.