At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
skyTran has the potential to be the safest transportation system in the world – and you will be part of the team ensuring we meet that objective. You will need to find creative ways of pushing the boundaries of new technologies while guaranteeing the safety of people using the system.
The Senior Costing Engineer will work closely together with the engineering team, ensuring that the cos of the system under development is complied, tracked and meet design requirements. By this, you will play a vital role in the release, approval and certification process of the system
- Develop financial model for projects and products under development from R&D phase through commercialization to Improve Product Margins.
- Compile and own project cost data from Technology Development, Installation & Ops, Manufacturing & Supply Chain and actual project implementations.
- Track and ensure cost performance targets are on track and cost reduction initiatives.
- Implement Financial Risk Management Techniques and share with the design and Sr. Leadership teams
- Work very closely with designers to define and get buy in on cost targets during formal design reviews and brainstorming sessions
- Strong support on Annual/ periodic Budgeting.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting of the financial performance to senior leadership.
- Work tightly with Engineering, Product Management, Vendors, Suppliers to build and optimize the cost model
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing or Supply Chain required
- MBA or MS degrees or other advanced degrees in finance desired
- 6-12 years of industry experience.
- Prior experience in managing finance in Transportation sectors is preferred.
- Prior experience in end to end finance management for high technology products
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong understanding of economics and development of rail and/or automotive transportation projects.
- Understanding of innovative business models to improve the financial viability of projects.
- Strong negotiation and partnership skills
- Highly analytical, with advanced problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of industry regulations and standards.
- Ability to understand and redefine regulations and standards as optimally applicable to new technologies.
- Good understanding of manufacturing cost contributors both direct and Indirect Costs (material, labor)
- Good understanding of production ramp up including tooling,.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
- Experience implementing change and conflicts resolution
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.