At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
You will be part of the team whose electrical designs and integrations will power the next generation of exciting new transportation vehicles. The ideal candidate is a team player with experience as an electrical engineer that has developed and deployed electrical / electronic systems.
- Take ownership of designing electronic units and PCBs for a range of vehicle, control, safety and test subsystems across our transformational, high-speed, magnetic levitation vehicles.
- Responsible for full design cycle of embedded and integrated electronic assemblies including requirements, component selection, schematic design, layout, managing fabrication process, bring-up and test.
- Responsible for design and verification of PCB schematics including microcontroller, signal conditioning, power supply, and analog/digital communication and control circuitries
- Responsible for developing and verifying PCB layout design and manufacturing drawings
- Assist and lead other engineers through design and provide design review feedback
- Digest system requirements or work closely with other teams in order to develop board specific design requirements and guidelines.
- Take ownership of electrical design of various prototypes and test systems, including ECUs and actuator drivers
- Integrally involved in delivering vehicle wide electrical system(s)
- Work with vendors as needed to ensure delivery of owned products
- Responsible for electronics system design from prototype to low volume manufacturing and certification.
- Perform and/or manage rework of board designs, as appropriate
- Involved in enclosure and wiring harness design and implementation
- Extensive, proven experience bringing clean sheet missed domain PCB designs and/or systems from prototype to production.
- Previous experience with embedded/electronic development for vehicular applications (e.g., automotive, aerospace, rail)
- BSEE or equivalent bachelor's degree in Electronical Engineering.
- 8+ years in related experience
- Experience with board design using Altium (preferred) or equivalent
- Experience designing devices for HVDC (~800Vdc) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with PCB design, circuit design, troubleshooting, verification, and validation
- Hands-on experience with integrating and debugging electrical system integration is a strong plus
- Experience utilizing circuit simulation tools, e.g., LTSpice, etc.
- Experience utilizing EE laboratory tools such as scopes, power supplies, signal generators, etc.
- Strong engineering intuition
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.