At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
skyTran has the potential to be the safest transportation system in the world – and you will be part of the team ensuring we meet that objective. You will need to find creative ways of pushing the boundaries of new technologies while guaranteeing the safety of people using the system.
The DVT engineer will work closely together with the engineering team, ensuring that the design solutions are verified and validated to meet design requirements. By this, you will play a vital role in the release, approval and certification process of the system.
- Responsible for the Verification of skyTran design work
- Create Design Verification Test Plan working closely with the design engineers
- Writes test protocols, procedures, test cases, test scripts, and test scenarios
- Collaborate with the design team in the development, set up and operation of test fixtures
- Lead and participate in all testing activities (Manual and Automated)
- Develop and Implement Design of Experiment techniques to ensure high quality and fidelity data
- Analyze test data, develop and implement recommendations, review findings with the engineering team
- Responsible for design verification documentation and work closely with peers to create the right pass / fail criteria
- Lead the design and implementation of test tools, test harnesses and test automation tools
- Work closely with the Safety & Reliability team to identify, document and act on issues, failures such as root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions
- Participate in design reviews with engineering team
- Full ownership of end-to-end product compliance validation testing
- Graduate level training in an engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in Design Verification Testing, Systems Engineering within a highly regulated environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our Ideal Candidate
- Familiarity with rail and/or automotive standards.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Change agent with energy, passion, and enthusiasm to drive change
- Analytical, problem solving, and root-cause analysis skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.