At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
The Lead Network Communication Engineer will be a hands-on leader to join the skyTran organization The ideal candidate is a coach/player with experience managing an engaged high-performance team, as well as senior-level experience as a Senior Network engineer. You will lead a team of highly skilled and motivated engineers to ensure engineering excellence and timely execution toward outcomes.
The digital network will be a crucial subsystem of our system. The communications infrastructure will demand a highly available, reliable and predictable network for safe and efficient operations.
- Work with the Director of Software, Product Manager(s) and IPTs
- Plan, strategize, and execute on high-level milestones
- You are an excellent team leader with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with defining IP network architecture for a large enterprise
- Plan, design, and develop the local area and wide area networks across the organization.
- Experience designing and implementing RF infrastructures
- Understand customer requirements and define initial and ongoing capacity needs.
- Remain current on emerging technologies and possible application at NFI
- Identify ongoing improvement opportunities.
- Experience selecting required nodes including but not limited to Optical SW, Routers, DNS, DHCP servers.
- Experience with configuration of nodes.
- Understanding and implementation of end to end QoS in the core network.
- Experience with IP planning, allocation and assignment.
- Experience with Network Security and INFOSEC
- Experience with link planning with redundancy and link failure tolerance.
- You feel confident architecting solutions on your own, but take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results
- You can break apart large projects into small incremental steps and can extract the minimum viable product out of an ambitious idea
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 7-10 Years experience architecting, configuring and supporting complex networks and firewalls
- CCNA/CCNP, JNCIP or equivalent
- Excellent debugging skills, ability to debug and foresee the issues during deployment and in the field
- Working knowledge of the following communication protocols and tools:
- Experience implementing and deployment within a 50K+ user environment
- Technical leadership of data network architecture, design and delivery to production
- Hands-on wireshark experience for capturing, debugging and analysis.
- Has passion for delivering products that customers know they can depend on
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Transportation industry development experience a plus
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.