At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
skyTran is building our first commercially-ready transportation system certified for riders. As one of our Technical Program Managers, you will start by helping engineering forecast and track budget and schedule, and then expand our program management to include additional knowledge areas and risk management. You will own the timely delivery of firmware, electrical, mechanical and structural elements of hardware products including test fixtures, sub-scale prototypes, hardware samples, and full-scale systems.
You will work directly with Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain, and other stakeholders to build and maintain project charters, schedules and budgets driven by requirements. You will define the dependencies, risks and critical path and manage priorities, trade-offs and other decision-making to execute successfully building high-complexity systems with transparency and rigor throughout the process.
- Lead full-cycle project management including charter, schedule, budget, launch, tracking, closing and retrospective across skyTran’s engineering projects.
- Collaborate with the engineering project leads, system engineers and product manager to prioritize, plan, de-risk, track and complete test systems, prototypes and major projects.
- Communicate with senior leadership and company operations to provide insights regarding project plans, progress, risks and opportunities.
- Solve challenges as they come up, make strategic decisions, and remain adaptive to an innovative environment while championing rigor, prioritization and achievable yet ambitious plans.
- Understand our technology and the goals and value of each project. Drive alignment between objectives and outcomes. Identify and manage risks and opportunities associated with the technology and operations of the project.
- Drive continuous process improvement within your projects, in our program management process, and within the organization.
- Experience succeeding in program management using multiple techniques including waterfall and scrum.
- 8+ years of technical work experience, including 4+ years in increasing levels of responsibility in project management and program management roles.
- Demonstrated success owning the delivery of complex systems and projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline, and sufficient technical understanding to identify risks and drive schedule, budget and execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders including Product, Engineering, and Management.
- High performer with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is proactive and self-motivated, identifying, exploring and mitigating risks before they become problems.
- Values a data-driven approach, structures decisions in a methodical way, and can foster rigor and discipline in all that we do.
- Is willing to work outside of normal working hours to complete tasks and coordinate across geographies.
- Has Project Management Certification and/or Scrum Certification.
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.