We are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our fast-growing team in San Diego, CA. The position will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of front and back-end software applications. The responsibilities will extend from designing system architecture to high-level programming, performance testing, and systems integration. The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills with python, SQL, frontend experience with Vue.js and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Contribute to the end-to-end development process - from conception to deployment - for both backend and frontend.
- Design and implement scalable web services, applications, and APIs that are intuitive and user-friendly.
- Provide expertise in database design and best practices in software development
- Test, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues.
- Identify bottlenecks and improve software efficiency.
- Contribute to technical documentation
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or similar field
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in full stack engineering writing professional production code and tests
- Extensive experience using modern backend and frontend technologies, including python (asyncio, starlette, SQLAlchemy), PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and VueJS.
- Knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of engineering best practices such as testing, and conducting code reviews
- An in-depth understanding of common design patterns and anti-patterns
- Excellent communication skills written and oral