If you love analyzing unknown signals, reversing custom protocols, and developing tools to abuse functionality, then SkySafe would like to hear from you! We are looking for senior level Signals REs that are excited about reverse engineering proprietary wireless protocols and related drone technologies. Come join our small team of San Diego based hackers who enjoy daily free lunch, full health coverage, wellness benefits, snacks, and flexible work hours.
We’re continuing to grow the world’s leading team on drone security. If you would like to learn new skills and poke around interesting systems, while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in an entirely new industry, then SkySafe might be right for you!
- Analyze signals from target systems and reverse engineer protocol stack components such as interleavers, scramblers, forward error correction (FEC), and modulation schemes.
- Collaborate with a team of hardware and software engineers to productize results in a tactical electronic warfare system.
- Stay on the forefront of modern wireless techniques and standards.
- MS with 5+ years of experience or PhD with 2+ years of experience specialized in communication receiver design and analysis.
- Extensive professional experience reverse-engineering modulation and coding schemes of proprietary wireless protocols.
- Deep understanding of a range of FEC schemes including Turbo, LDPC, Polar, and convolutional codes.
- Experience using algebraic techniques to perform analysis and blind parameter estimation of error correction and modulation schemes.
- Familiar with software-defined radio (SDR) frameworks and instruments.
- Proficiency with mathematical analysis tools like SAGE, MATLAB, Maple, Mathematica, or similar.
- Comfortable working in collaborative research environments like Jupyter and Git.
- Familiar with modern wireless system standards and technologies such as OFDM, MIMO, CSMA-CA, WLAN, GSM, and LTE.
- Basic familiarity with modern cryptographic tools and analysis techniques.
- Experience in Electronic Warfare (EW) and SIGINT.