We are looking for all levels of wireless engineers to design and implement wireless receiver algorithms for drones and related technologies. If you love developing optimized receiver algorithms for a wide variety of wireless protocols, then SkySafe would like to hear from you!
If you would like to learn new skills and poke around interesting systems while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in an entirely new industry, then SkySafe might be right for you.
We’re continuing to grow the world’s leading team on drone security. Drone airspace management is a rapidly growing and vitally important industry and SkySafe is leading the way. Our commitment to protecting against threats while safely integrating commercial drones into the national airspace sets us apart. Having recently closed our Series B round of funding, we can’t wait to expand and continue development of our technology to assist governments, law enforcement, airports, corporations, cities, and more to manage their airspace with real-time drone data and analytics.
Come join our growing team in our San Diego office. Enjoy perks such as daily free lunch, full health and wellness benefits, unlimited PTO, gym membership reimbursement, and flexible work hours.
If you would like to learn new skills and poke around interesting systems while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in an entirely new industry, then SkySafe might be right for you!
- Identify system-level optimization opportunities for our wireless receivers
- Design and implement algorithmic and architectural optimizations in a software defined radio (SDR) platform
- Literature research, prototyping, and document novel receiver algorithms
- Work in a team environment, leveraging version control systems, issue trackers, and messaging tools.
- MS with 5+ years of experience or PhD with 2+ years of experience specialized in communication receiver design and analysis.
- Good understanding of modern communication systems such as TDMA, OFDM, LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with Matlab, Python, and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation.
- Proficiency with modern software development practices, using tools such as Git, GitHub, continuous integration servers, etc.
- Experience with SIMD vectorization, such as SSE, AVX, and NEON is a plus.
- Familiarity with SDR software such as GNU Radio, RFNoC, liquid-dsp, or libhackrf is a plus.
- Experience with Ettus Research hardware is a plus.
- Experience with the design and evaluation of RF systems including electronic warfare, radar, spectrum sensing, and communications is preferred.
- Self guided, displaying a diversity of skills and strong initiative.