Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
MOTOR CONTROL ENGINEER, GNC - EL SEGUNDO, CA
In this role, you are responsible for the electro-magnetic motor control software development, verification and validation per ARP 4754A, DO178C, DO 331, and DO 330 requirements. You will assist in the development of certifiable flight automation technologies and cost-efficient processes for the new Urban Commercial Aviation industry.
- Design, develop software for electro-magnetic control software working with system engineers and system architects leading to certification
- Support the analysis of controller to ensure it meets performance requirements
- Support the development of actuator models for use in analysis
- Work with the systems group to meet all objectives of DO-178C
- Work with embedded software team to interface and control various peripherals such as motors, encoders, and sensors
- Develop software using Matlab/Simulink
- Write, review, and approve system and software requirements and design documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of professional working experience
- Proficiency with some of the following (or similar) tools: MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, dSpace
- Proficiency with actuator modeling
- Proficiency with classical control analysis techniques
- Strong understanding of frequency domain
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- Experience in developing software requirements, design, test and verification documents
- Master's or PhD degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace engineering discipline
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience in design, develop, verify and certify Fly-by-wire operational flight software using model based development conforming DO-331
- Experience with certification of software, systems and subsystems working with DER/FAA
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $85,000 - $110,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.